About the Hospital
No. Of beds: 275
Awards and accreditations:
- First hospital in Thailand to be recognized as a Mother and Baby Friendly Hospital by WHO and UNICEF.
- The Prime Minister Award for the Most Recognized Service in 2004
- JCI Recognitions
- Narrow-Band Imaging (NBI)
- International Colorectal Endoscopic classification (NICE) with magnification,
- the most validated classification system for colon cancer detection.
Speciality and doctors :
- Pediatric surgery
- Bone marrow transplantation
Doctor’s information not available on the website
Feedback and successful stories:
- Dimitry Ivanov: When my wife and I came to Bangkok, we didn’t know where to go. We went to many different hospitals, including some very expensive places and some not so expensive. Finally, we determined that Samitivej was the best choice for us.”
- Vincent Xavier Lalanne: “I had a talk with Dr. Paiboon when I came here, and he explained the situation to me. Before the surgery, I was skeptical because we have one life and it’s difficult to let your body in anyone else’s hands. And now I can say I made the best choice I could. I don’t think it would have been any better if I had gone back to my country for the operation.”
& Wire transfer
Distance from Airport
Patient-friendly hospital. The ophthalmology department is so good and the doctors are so caring.